JOB AD: [https://www.nscjobs.com/postings/1743]
EXCELLENCE FOSTERS OPPORTUNITY:
The Social Science Department at Nevada State College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Counseling Psychology to begin in the fall of 2015.
The Assistant Professor of Counseling Psychology will join the existing psychology faculty to help shape and grow our psychology degree program at this young and dynamic institution. As a teaching college working with an underserved population, our academic faculty place a high emphasis on translating our academic preparation from top doctoral programs into exemplary classroom experiences through our dedication to quality teaching and mentoring. Our faculty teach in a technology-rich facility (which includes iClicker, Sympodium, and lecture capture technology) and are encouraged to explore innovative ideas and techniques to enhance student learning.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2012, Nevada State College is the first and only four-year institution in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE). Located on a developing 500-acre campus in the foothills of Henderson, Nevada, adjacent to Las Vegas, NSC emphasizes high-quality instruction, exemplary service, engaging learning experiences, and innovation as a means to more efficient, effective outcomes in all corners of the campus. Nevada State College faculty are united and inspired by the opportunity to build curricula, programs, and the college itself.
RANK, SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Tenure-track, Assistant Professor level.
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Excellent benefits, including 13.25% retirement match, 11 paid holidays, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, educational benefits, and two health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts
- Ph.D. from an APA- or PCSAS-accredited doctoral program in clinical or counseling psychology. (Candidates who are ABD are eligible with the expectation that the Ph.D. will be completed by July 31, 2015).
- Completion of an APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship by July 31, 2015.
- Ability to teach courses in counseling (e.g., Introduction to Human Services, Counseling Skills in Human Services, and courses with a focus on substance abuse assessment and treatment) and some of the following courses in psychology: Abnormal Psychology, Psychological Assessment, General Psychology, Statistics/Methods.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and a sincere interest in joining NSC, a teaching college devoted to providing opportunities for a largely underserved student population.
- Applicants who are licensed psychologists or eligible for licensure in Nevada are strongly preferred.
- Experience supervising undergraduate internships or research projects.
- Knowledge of empirically-validated treatments and experience with quantitative research methods.
- Experience teaching in online or hybrid modalities.
Electronic submission is required. We will begin reviewing applications on October 24, 2014. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following:
- A letter of interest.
- A detailed resume or curriculum vitae.
- Names and contact information of at least three references who may be contacted (at least one must be able to speak to the applicant's teaching ability).
- A statement of teaching philosophy.
- Two former course evaluations (with written comments).
- A recent syllabus.