I got a call with a verbal offer last week from the dean where I applied and the next day I followed up with an email thanking him for the offer and saying I will consider and let him know by the date we agreed upon, which is this Friday. I also asked him a couple of questions. I have since emailed him a second time and still haven't heard back and haven't received a written offer at all either. If I am supposed to give a final decision by Friday, when would I negotiate if I haven't even received the written offer yet?
How long after the verbal offer can one expect to receive a written offer? And how long should I expect negotiations to take? Surely that process will take longer than a couple of days (assuming all goes well)?