I have searched the forum but haven't found any advice for this particular situation. Apologies if I missed something. I was fortunate to receive a job offer last week. However, the position is not a great match for me and I am likely to turn the position down. However, I have until the first week of January to make a decision, and plan to mull it over for at least a few more days. Of course once I am certain I will notify the SC that offered the position as I don't want to drag the process out for them necessarily. I have also interviewed with three other departments that are excellent fits for me and was asked by all to update the SC if I receive another offer. Two of these departments are only halfway through their interviews and will finish mid-January.
If I had an appealing offer I would certainly update the SCs at the other schools, but in this case I'm wondering whether I should even update the SCs of my offer, given the likelihood that I will turn down this first offer regardless?