Call for Applications for Drake Guest Professor, Kobe College, 2016-2017
Kobe College (http://www.kobe-c.ac.jp/ekc), a liberal arts and sciences college and one of the oldest educational institutions for women in Japan, is accepting applications for a one-year Bryant and Alberta Drake Guest Professorship in the Department of Psychological and Behavioral Sciences, School of Human Sciences, for the academic year 2016-2017. This position is financially supported by the US-based Kobe College Corporation-Japan Education Exchange (KCC-JEE).
For more information: www.kccjee.org/#!bryant-drake-professorship/c1mdd
Details of the Position
Period of Employment: One year, starting approximately October 1
1. At least 3 years teaching and research experience at the graduate/undergraduate levels, with specialty in clinical psychology. While specialization in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) is highly desirable, all areas of clinical psychology are of interest.
2. Currently teaching at university level.
3. US or Canadian citizenship preferred.
4. Good English language skills.
5. Sympathetic with the educational ideals of Kobe College, a small liberal arts college situated in Nishinomiya, Japan (between Kobe and Osaka) that is dedicated to the education of women at all levels, ranging from high school to the PhD.
1. Willing to actively participate in educational programs for graduate and undergraduate students in the Department of Psychological and Behavioral Sciences.
2. Willing to teach classes that meet department needs and that are based, at least in part, on the applicant’s research and teaching specialties. The teaching load is comparable to that of a US liberal arts college or university.
1. Competitive salary, including health insurance.
2. Housing and utilities.
3. Roundtrip airfare to Japan and reasonable moving expenses.
Documents to be submitted:
1. Curriculum vitae.
2. List of publications.
3. Copies of two representative publications in English.
4. One page Summary of Teaching and Areas of Research.
5. Name, affiliation, and e-mail address of two referees.
Consideration of applications will begin NOVEMBER 5, 2015
and continue until position is filled
Please send all materials, electronically, to:
(Robert J. Mason, Professor, Geography & Urban Studies, Temple University)