UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-STOUT
Assistant/Associate Professor of Developmental Psychology
This is a tenure-track faculty position in the Psychology Department with an anticipated start date in August 2016.
The person hired will teach various courses related to developmental psychology and other domains of psychology, as interested and/or needed; engage in research related to developmental psychology; assessment of student learning; engage in departmental, college, university and professional service.
Minimum / Required:
• A doctorate in Psychology or a closely related field with a focus on developmental psychology by employment start date
• College-level teaching experience in psychology
• Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate level classes in child psychology, adolescent psychology, children’s social reasoning and other courses in an undergraduate psychology program
• Strong interest in developing an active psychology research program involving undergraduate students
• Evidence of experience or interest in neurobiological processes or clinical/ counseling psychology
• Evidence of experience or interest in academic advisement
• Evidence of commitment to service; departmental and university
Faculty members will teach the equivalent of 12 credits per semester. Faculty are expected to engage in an active program of scholarship with students, provide academic advisement, advise graduate theses, participate in university service, and support a culture of collegiality and civility.
The successful candidate will join a department with a B.S. in Psychology; a M.S. in Applied Psychology; undergraduate minors in Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience and Human Resource Management; and 3 certificate programs. The department has excellent teaching and research facilities supporting many opportunities for faculty-student collaboration in the classroom and laboratory.
A member of the University of Wisconsin System, UW-Stout serves over 9,500 students in 25 graduate and 45 undergraduate programs and one doctoral program. As "Wisconsin's Polytechnic University," students, faculty and staff use applied learning, scientific theory and research to solve real-world problems, grow the state’s economy and serve society. A leader in adopting new technology, UW-Stout is a digital campus and all faculty and staff are required to use available technology in their positions including course delivery. Increasingly courses are offered via alternative delivery methods and time frames. Faculty members are responsible for teaching, advising, research and scholarly activity, and service.
The university is located in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, one hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94; located in the scenic Chippewa Valley Region with a population base of more than 200,000. Menomonie is a city of 16,000 surrounded by lakes, streams and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
• Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
• Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check.
Confidentiality of application can only be honored if requested AND only if the applicant is not deemed as a “final candidate” as defined by Wis. Stat. Sec. 19.36(7)(a).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit:
Go to: http://jobs.uwstout.edu/
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://helpdesk.wisc.edu/images/group61/21900/TAMFAQ_CandidateGateway.pdf
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
• Cover letter specifically addressing your qualifications for this position, scholarship agenda, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and teaching interests and experiences
• Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) current references
• Unofficial copies of transcripts; official transcripts required at time of hire
Screening of applications will begin 1/11/2016. Applications may be reviewed until position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Kristina Gorbatenko-Roth
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
TA Coordinator: Linda Dahl