Submission deadline for place #2 was only 2 weeks ago. However, I am holding on to a job offer from place #1 (submission deadline was a long time ago). Is it ok to contact the recent submission (in a week or so) to find out if I am still being considered?
Or would doing so be entitled, presumptive, pushy, etc?
Basically, I would potentially be willing to let place #1 offer go if I was even being considered for an interview at place #2.
If it is appropriate to check status, do I mention the other offer as the reason why I am checking on the status?