Auburn University seeks a 9‐month tenure‐track Extension Specialist (75% extension with the remaining 25% focused on classroom teaching) at the Assistant Professor level. This position is housed in the Department of Human Development and Family Studies, and is designed to assist the College of Human Sciences and the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES) in addressing the adult work-family interface with a special emphasis on fathers and fatherhood. The position will be available August 16, 2016 at a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Extension Specialist will be responsible for providing leadership in the development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting of evidence‐based programs and applied research related to the interface between work and family, emphasizing adult development, family relationships, employability, family economic self-sufficiency, and work-place relations. We are specifically looking for a scholar who has an emphasis on men and fathers, which is an underrepresented group of participants in Extension work. The Extension Specialist will initiate evidence‐based Extension and applied research projects that engage and include client groups, stakeholders, and communities to address work and family, promote employability, and focus on adult development and family relationships involving men and fathers. This will involve developing and delivering research-based educational programs, and collaborating with, supporting, and training Extension educators across the state in the implementation, evaluation, and reporting of these programs. The effectiveness of these initiatives will be demonstrated and supported by the ability of the Extension Specialist to establish and maintain an extramurally funded Extension and applied research program. Additional responsibilities include providing service within professional organizations and on committees within the Department, College, ACES, and the University, participating in and assisting ACES program teams in the development of annual plans of work, and completing ACES reporting requirements.
Earned doctorate in an accredited institution in Family Studies, Human Development, or a related area required. Will consider candidates who are ABD, with appointment at the instructor level until completion of the doctoral degree within one semester of initial hire date. Demonstrated experience in program and intervention development, delivery, and/or evaluation. Demonstrated experience in the design and development of evidence‐based or applied research projects relevant to educating and intervening with men and fathers concerning employability, work-family relationships and adult development. Experience or demonstrated promise in university teaching. The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment. Fluency in English and possession of excellent written and interpersonal skills are required.
To Apply click here https://aufacultypositions.peopleadmin.com/postings/1414