The Robert N. Butler Columbia Aging Center CAC is a research and knowledge transfer center concerned with population aging and the modifiability of the aging process. The CAC is a university- wide center based at the Mailman School of Public Health it aims to synergize with and foster scholarly activities in the area of aging across the University. The mission of the CAC is to be a significant academic leader in knowledge creation, translation into impact, and education towards win-wins for all ages in the success of longer lives.
The Postdoctoral Research Scientist is expected to have a degree in psychology or sociology or another related discipline, a strong background in working with large-scale data sets, and a strong interest in the behavioral plasticity of aging. Ideally, the candidate also has prior experience with longitudinal data analyses techniques. The Postdoctoral Research Scientist will work on a project investigating the links between activity patterns and cognitive aging across the adult lifespan funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. The successful candidate will be mentored by Dr. Ursula M. Staudinger, Robert N. Butler Professor of Sociomedical Sciences, Professor of Psychology, who is the PI of the project.
Responsibilities may include:
- The Postdoctoral Research Scientist will conduct quantitative social and behavioral science research in the area of cognitive aging.
- The candidate will work on multiple large-scale surveys and be concerned with integrating different data sets.
- Will contribute to the third-party funding activities of the CAC.
- Will prepare and submit abstracts and manuscripts for publications and presentations, and participate in the mentoring and training of junior scientists and research staff.
- The candidate will present the work at seminars and conferences around the world.
Starting date: ASAP.
Degree required: Doctoral degree such as Ph.D. or equivalent
To apply, please upload cover letter, resume, two recent examples of research work, plus names of two work-related reference givers (including name and title, affiliation, e-mail address and telephone number) and send per e-mail to Kathrin Wasser (ude.aibmuloc.cmuc|2662wk#ude.aibmuloc.cmuc|2662wk).