Dr. Ilana Bennett at The University of California, Riverside is seeking a full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellow to begin in the Fall of 2016. The lab uses neuropsychological, cognitive, and neuroimaging techniques to study various forms of learning and memory in younger and older adults. We pursue three interrelated lines of research examining (1) the effect of aging on white matter integrity and neurobiological substrates that contribute to diffusion imaging indices; (2) neurobiological substrates of learning and memory, with an emphasis on contrasting mnemonic processes mediated by hippocampal and fronto-striatal networks; and (3) cortical disconnection as a mechanism by which individual- and age-related differences in white matter integrity account for differences in learning and memory.
In this position, the Postdoctoral Research Fellow will primarily collect and analyze behavioral and neuroimaging data and prepare manuscripts for publication. The Fellow will also be encouraged to submit grant applications for independent funding. Additional tasks may include participant recruitment, study and task design, and mentoring of graduate and undergraduate students.
- Ph.D. in cognitive psychology, neuroscience, or a related field
- Productive research record, preferably with peer-reviewed publications
- Experience with structural or functional neuroimaging data collection and analysis (e.g., FSL, AFNI)
- Statistical analysis (e.g., Prism, SPSS) and computer programming (e.g., bash shell, MATLAB) skills
- Demonstrable interest in research related to brain aging, learning and memory, or cognitive neuroscience
- Highly motivated to pursue and independent research career in the future
- Experience or desire to work with aging populations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently and with others
Salary will be commensurate with experience, starting at the 2016 NIH NRSA annual stipend rate of $44K. The position is an annual assignment, renewable contingent upon performance and funding.
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, and three letters of reference to Dr. Ilana Bennett at ude.icu|ttennebi#ude.icu|ttennebi. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.