As many job seekers may have noticed, job ads that are posted on various websites (e.g., APA and APS) often are removed after two or three months — sometimes even before the application deadlines! As a result, any links from the wiki to those job ads become non-functional after a while. This forum was created to provide a solution to this issue.
When you post a new job on the wiki, you are encouraged to post the text of the job ad in a new thread in this forum, then link to the thread from the wiki. Here is how to do it:
- In the "Job Ads For 2016-2017" forum, click "Create a new thread." (Note: You must be a registered wikidot user to create threads and post in the forums.)
- Indicate the nature of the job (area and institution) in the thread title. For example: "Social, Random State University"
- Paste the text of the job ad in the main text box.
- Click "Post" to post the job ad in the forum.
- Back on the wiki, after you write the job entry, create a link from it to the URL of the forum thread. See the instructions "How to Link to a Job Ad in the Forum" on the wiki for details.
The result will be a copy of the job ad in the forum, which will remain even after the ad has been removed from wherever it was originally posted. In addition, the wiki link to the ad will remain functional.