SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY
Title: Aging, technology and dementia – a translational research question
• Offering 2 post-doctoral fellowships in aging and technology research. The positions are part of a large international project between Canada and France.
• The project aims at investigating integrated models of dementia care, study real concrete solutions to sustain or improve health in aging population (i.e., training, activities), and the determinants of dementia over the lifespan.
• The successful applicants will be scheduled to start in Fall/Winter 2016. The duration of the award fellowship is 1 year, with the option of continuing for a second year. Bursaries are in line with post-doctoral fellowship scales of Simon Fraser University and include research expenses. The successful applicants will be required to travel to France for collaboration purposes.
• Location: Digital Health Hub, http://www.canadadhh.com
#4190, Galleria 4, 250 - 13450 102 Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3T0A3, CANADA
• Applicants should have a PhD or equivalent degree, and preference will be given to applicants with experience working with aging populations, but candidates with other relevant skills such as social experimental methodology or neuroimaging and no experience working with seniors may be appropriate. Candidates with social, psychological or neuroscience background will be considered.
• Submit a C.V. and relevant reprints, together with a cover letter describing current research interests and future research goals, and also arrange to have three letters of reference. Letters will be required if the applicant is short-listed.
• Applications will be reviewed as soon as submitted with a firm stop deadline, September 1st 2016.
Note: Applications must be sent as soon as possible to:
Dr. Sylvain Moreno