Looks like phone interviews at some places have started. I have never had a phone interview and wanted to get advice on the sorts of questions we should be prepared to answer at both teaching institutions and research institutions. Thanks!
Date: 22 Oct 2009 19:26
Number of posts: 6
RSS: New posts
1. How do you see yourself fitting in with our department (college, university, etc..)?
2. Where do you see your research going in five years?
3. What interested you about our position/department?
4. How do you plan on involving undergraduates in your research (for mainly undergrad institutions)?
5. What do you think about living in X (town/state where college is located)?
6. What are some of your teaching interests?
These are just some…the first two are almost mandatory.
In a phone interview a couple years back I was also asked:
1) What's your experience with writing and getting grants
2) How do I complement the current work in the department
3) Do I see myself as a collaborative or independent researcher
4) And then the one that threw me for a loop: name 2-3 of your values in life
1) If you were to write your own job ad that perfectly describes you, what would it say?
This question caught me off guard.
Thanks very much for posting. I'll answer your question. I have got some my ideal.
Apart from that, you also can ref more resources at: Phone interview questions
Tks again and best wishes.
I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.
Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards
If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Phone interview questions