Neuropsychology/Geropsychology Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in Late Life Depression/Neurodegenerative Disease at the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center
This Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship at the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center emphasizes the development of specific skills and competencies in conducting research related to cognitive dysfunction in Major Depressive Disorder in older adults and neurodegenerative diseases of aging. The research training focuses on the evaluation of cognitive dysfunction, accelerated cognitive decline, and structural and functional brain abnormalities associated with late life depression and neurodegenerative disease. An additional component of training includes the use of innovative technology in the assessment of cognition and disability in older adults. The core faculty member for this fellowship is a Neuropsychologist. Fellows will devote 75% time to research and can allocate up to 25% percent of their time for clinical, educational, and administrative activities. Clinical training focuses on neuropsychological assessment in a veteran population. For more information regarding this Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship please contact Dr. Scott Mackin (ude.fscu|nikcaM.ttocS#ude.fscu|nikcaM.ttocS).
The research fellowships are full-time, two-year, 52 week commitments (2080 hours per year) beginning either July 3 or September 2, 2017.
Stipend and Benefits
The current stipend is $50,006 for the first year. VA offers individual and family health insurance plans for fellows on a matching basis.
Candidates MUST be US citizens and graduates of APA-accredited doctoral programs in clinical or counseling psychology and MUST have completed an APA-accredited internship.
To apply for this fellowship, please submit application materials listed below to the following email address: ude.fscu|nikcaM.ttocS#ude.fscu|nikcaM.ttocS with “Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship” in the subject line.
1. Letter of interest, clearly indicating which fellowship to which you are applying (Neuropsychology/Geropsychology/Dr. Mackin)
2. Current Curriculum Vitae
3. Three letters of Recommendation
4. A letter of support from your Dissertation chairperson describing your dissertation status and timeline if you have not completed your graduate degree. All requirements for the doctoral degree must be completed prior to the start of the fellowship year.
5. A letter of support from your current Internship Training Director indicating that you are in good standing to successfully complete your predoctoral internship, including the expected completion date.
6. After all application materials are submitted please send an email confirmation of completed application to Dr. Scott Mackin at ude.fscu|nikcaM.ttocS#ude.fscu|nikcaM.ttocS