I have an offer (currently in negotiations that are likely going to take awhile). I have several interviews scheduled, but one of them wants to schedule for late Jan/early Feb. This is likely going to be too late, but it is a school I am VERY VERY interested in. When speaking with the search chair (before the offer came in) she told me to contact her right away if I am on the clock and they might be able to move things up (but maybe not).
I'm a little worried that if I do then they'll drop me and move on to the next person.
So what would you do? How would you word things?
I think the offer is going to stretch into mid-January (due to impending holidays) and I might have to have decision made by end of January. I'm guessing if I interviewed at this last school they would be able to let me know right away if I will make the cut (although they might not have interviewed the other person yet).