I'm in a strange situation. I got an offer last week and they are rushing me to accept it soon. I haven't heard from 80% of the places where I applied. This school is good but more teaching than I would like, 3/3. I haven't heard from any where else and being an ABD had come into terms with accepting a postdoctoral position some where later in the year.
But with this offer in hand I feel like I am gambling. Do I accept a position at a school where I am not interested in staying long term and try to build my research with an insane teaching load or do I wait and try to get a postdoc and build my research CV in that way? I guess if I want to apply again in 3-4 years, what will be better? coming from a teaching-oriented school as an assistant professor or coming out of a postdoc? Of course it sucks that I don't have a postdoc in place so if I said "no" to this position I won't have anything else : ( I'll just be waiting to see if a good postdoc opens up?
Agghh it's so frustrating, so many "what if's?"