Given that the east coast is getting nailed w/ bad weather, an interview that I SHOULD be on my way to is clearly not going to happen (at least this week). How do SC's generally negotiate these sorts of schedule changes? I haven't spoken w/ the SC chair yet, but I am just wondering if it will be a big deal or not.
Date: 12 Jan 2011 14:51
Number of posts: 5
RSS: New posts
Clearly, you don't want the job bad enough or you'd shovel your way through on foot.
In all seriousness, like some_guy said, it's not a big deal…they will reschedule you. Jan/Feb interviews always run into these issues!
In case you didn't guess Algore is teasing. It's not usually a problem and they push back the interview to accommodate. Congrats on the interview!
I had this situation for an interview in December - my original flight was actually canceled and the department chair, secretary & Deans Office were great. For instance, the Deans Office put a hold on their schedule for some other dates that were being considered as reschedule dates for my interview, and everyone was very on top of it and completely understanding. As it turned out, I was able to get on a later flight that day. This meant that my interview was cut short by a few hours on the first day but everything else went according to plan.
Anyway, this is all to say that I'm sure it will be fine and they won't hold it against you. Good luck!