I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice. I expect to be offered a tenure track CC position in the upcoming week. VERY competitive salary, in the region I want to be in, and 3 and 3 teaching load. Many have suggested that I do not take the position as it will be virtually impossible to move out of the community college world if I decide it is not a good fit. I have a reasonable publication record with probably 4 studies to be written up for publication so I'm not terribly worried about not conducting research, writing alone should keep my record strong for a year or two.
My question is, am I better off taking this position, or adjuncting locally for a year and trying again? Presumably I will not be able to get more than one additional publication between now and September when the first round of applications will go out. I have a few courses lined up to teach at my current university if I don't get/accept a position elsewhere.
Any advice would be appreciated!