As many job seekers may have noticed, job ads that are posted on various websites (e.g., APA and APS) often are removed after two or three months — sometimes even before the application deadlines! As a result, any links from the wiki to those job ads become non-functional after a while. This forum was created to provide a solution to this issue.
When you post a new job on the wiki, you are encouraged to post the text of the job ad in a new thread in this forum, then link to the thread from the wiki. Here is how to do it:
- In the "Job Ads For 2012-2013" forum, click "Create a new thread."
- Indicate the nature of the job (area and institution) in the thread title. For example: "Social, Random State University"
- Paste the text of the job ad in the main text box.
- Click "Post" to post the job ad in the forum.
- On the "Main Wiki" page, after you write the job entry, create a link from it to the URL of the forum thread. This is similar to what was done for job ad links in the past, except the link is now to a forum thread rather than to the original ad on a different website. See the instructions "How to Link to a Job Ad in the Forum" on the "Main Wiki" page for details.
The result will be a copy of the job ad in the forum, which will remain even after the ad has been removed from wherever it was originally posted. In addition, the wiki link to the ad will remain functional.