Ok, I have been offered a one year position at my dream school. My husband interviewed at said dream school for a different department. In his department, they are interviewing four candidates for three positions and they have said that his chances are very good (they actually contacted him and asked him to apply). They are now finished with interviews and we could hear about his job any day now. Thankfully, the department that offered me a job is comfortable waiting until my husband hears about his position for me to confirm that I will accept (I have assured them that I will accept if my husband is offered the position he interviewed for).
I just got asked to go on a campus interview for a tenure track job. It would be a great position if my husband would not get offered the job he interviewed for. However, I'm nervous about accepting the interview and having a flight booked, and then needing to cancel if my husband gets offered a position.
Any advice on how to handle this?